17 lutego 2020 r.
About the UK-Polish TechChallenge
The UK-Polish TechChallenge is a joint initiative of the Polish Ministry of Economic Development, the British Embassy in Warsaw and the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development. The project aims to promote technological cooperation between SMEs and large companies from Poland and the UK. The pilot edition of the TechChallenge will focus on fintech and cleantech sectors.
The UK-Polish TechChallenge will consist of online events to bring together large corporates who have a challenge they need resolving, with tech SMEs who can offer solutions. Below you can find tech challenges identified by large Polish companies.
Selected British SMEs will have an opportunity to pitch their solutions during virtual 1:1 meetings with Polish corporates' representatives. Exact date of the events will be published shortly.
How to apply?
If you are a UK start-up or SME offering fintech and/or cleantech services and products, and you are interested in providing a tech solution for a major potential business partner in Poland, please fill in the form below. Don't forget to include a short summary of each solution targeting selected challenges.
Challenges of Polish corporates
PKN Orlen – fuels and energy sector; oil refinery and petrol retail
- Challenge 1: Method of utilization of CO2 recovered from process stream from Refinery units
- Challenge 2: Waste heat recovery / conversion (80-120C) contained in water or hydrocarbon streams
- Challenge 3: Conversion of plastic waste into the hydrocarbon fraction that can be processed in Refinery
PCC Rokita – one of the leading chemical companies in Europe
- Challenge 4: Treatment and return of brine wastewater
- Challenge 5: Use of CO2 in chemical synthesis
- Challenge 6: Technologies and products based on plastics from waste
- Challenge 7: Green sources of ethylene, other olefins, and alcohols including glycols
- Challenge 8: Energy sources from waste heat streams
PKO Bank Polski – the largest financial institution in the CEE region
- Challenge 9: Inclusive & digital bank for non-digital natives
- Challenge 10: Engaged customer
- Challenge 11: Open bank
- Challenge 12: Digital organisation
Grupa Azoty – one of the leading players on the European fertilizer and chemical markets
- Challenge 13: Innovative technologies in material engineering